8 week World Tour £105
This 8-week world tour course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine where we sample wines from all the major wine countries in the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not have to do the eight weeks in one go, and no previous experience is needed. The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Over 60 wines will be tasted over x8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £4.00 to c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
Please note - there is an additonal charge of £10 per evening payable on the evening.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our MWS courses and tastings.
1. Australia & New Zealand: + tasting skills, aroma tests
2. France: Rhone, Burgundy, Loire, South, Alsace; + how wine is made
3. Chile & Argentina: + the importance of climate & weather
4. South Africa & USA: + how to serve wine - temperature & decanting
5. Bordeaux: + how to store wine & understand wine labels
6. Spain & Portugal: + common wine faults
7. Italy: + food and wine matching
8. Champagne & Sparkling wines
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the eight evenings you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, course notes and a tasting of food are all provided, and of course wine! Taste over 60 wines.
Fantastic value at just £105. Come and enjoy learning about wine in a fun informal setting. Forget the TV and spend an evening tasting delicious wines (with a sampling of food), improving
Places remaining: 12